Wednesday, May 14, 2008

shooting for the stars.

After a long stressful day at work ... of sitting behind a computer sending endless emails. I went for a long jog last night. It was a perfect evening. cool. the smell of fresh rain. flowers galore. the greenest of green trees. fantastic. gorgeous. I think a lot when I go for jogs - and for some reason my mind becomes simple, thoughts are one dimensional, logic - no longer complicated. Life is clear and reality is right in front of me. As I jogged through the forest, through vines and flowers, I thought about my day and wondered what I had just accomplished? What have I spent me day doing. And reality hit me like a truck ... I'm not happy. People ask me what's wrong. I can quite put my finger on it I say. I move a lot ... and maybe the change of scenery is part of it ... maybe it's the work - a - day world. Maybe it's me not being happy with who I am today and who I've become.

But I the best part about all of this ... is the ability to change. The wise always say change is the one biggest challenge in life. Well I accept that challenge. I strive to have a day where I come home feeling like I made a difference. Am I shooting for the stars? I don't believe so. I do believe that I haven't found what I'm looking for yet. It's out there ... and sooner or later I will stumble upon it without even knowing. And I will look around and smile. That's what I look forward to.

A day that when toward the end, I smile.

No comments: